The process of attuning our mind, emotions, body and spirit to the energy of pure, wise and loving divine presence is often referred to as raising our vibration. The higher your vibration, the easier it is to psychically receive accurate and helpful guidance. Fear, negativity and similar emotions and states of mind, vibrate at a lower dimension. When we receive psychic energy information through lower vibrations it is more likely to invoke fear and confusion and be inaccurate. As we connect and align our consciousness with high vibration energy, we are naturally protected from lower energies and psychic interference.
We can only psychically receive energy information at our level of consciousness. Higher consciousness awareness embodies the divine attributes of love, compassion, kindness and wisdom. As our consciousness ascends to these higher levels, it becomes easier to psychically receive and connect through clear vision and with long range accurate psychic information.
It is important to raise your vibration before engaging in psychic work. However, this practice can be done on a daily basis as integrating higher levels of intuitive awareness into your everyday life, is the optimum. Not only will your psychic abilities increase in strength and accuracy, you will be happier and experience more inner peace. Some of the benefits of raising your vibration include, improved mental clarity, an increase in your personal power, increased physical health and rapid healing of illness and other physical aliments.
There are many ways to raise your vibration. Here are a few.
- Practice meditation on a daily meditation basis. Even if you only have only five or ten minutes, tuning inward, focusing on the breath and listening to your spirit can make a significant difference.
- Spend time in nature. If you live in the city, suburbs or are not able to be in a natural setting, look out the window at the sky, stars and clouds. Sit on a porch or deck, watch the birds and squirrels or tune in the energy of the trees.
- Be grateful. It can be helpful to have a daily practice either in the morning or evening of recognizing and having gratitude for three things that you experienced in the past twenty-four hours.
- Notice beauty. Beauty is an attribute of the divine. Spiritual beauty is not necessarily the same as what society deems as beautiful. The smile of a child, a cat sitting in the sun, a home cooked meal and other simple occurrences, all radiate beauty.
- Be kind. Smile, forgive, do not react to a provocation, let go of defensiveness and give someone the benefit of the doubt. These are all acts of kindness.
- Go on an electronic fast. Turn off your phone, television, computer or music for a specific amount of time.
- Eat fresh, raw foods and drink water.
- One of the most effective ways of raising your vibration and accelerating your psychic development, is to pay attention to your thoughts. Interrupt the cycle of mind chatter and negative self talk. When you encounter fear based, negative, critical or judgmental thoughts, let them go. Acknowledge them and then choose to think a different thought. Replace negative or fear based thoughts with a positive reinforcing statement.
For instance, imagine that you find yourself thinking thoughts such as: “I don’t know what is wrong with me. I know I am going to be disappointed” or “Last time I tried that I failed miserably, I am not going to take that chance again”
You can choose to counteract these negative thought with more positive ones.
For instance, “I value my individuality and like doing things my way. I know everything will work out for my highest good or I learn a lot by trying new things. I am grateful that life is always providing me with new opportunities.”
The first statements, lower your vibration and drag you down. The second statements are more motivating and focuses on the good feelings. They raise your vibration and open you to positive energy.
- Releasing negative emotions with positive one quickly raises our vibration. Instead of ignoring and suppressing uncomfortable emotions, let yourself feel them. As you do this, they dissipate. However difficult it may feel to let your feelings surface, it causes more harm to stuff them down and ignore them. Your emotions do not define you, they are simply feelings. They come and go. You are not your anger, fear, frustration or grief. As you feel your emotions and let them go, you make room for the higher vibrations of love and compassion to fill you.
- Do more of what bring you joy. If you are not sure how to generate feelings of happiness, try different things. Gravitate toward the feels good.
- Help others. Be of service and give and let others be there for you.
- Trust your intuition and act on your innermost truth.
From the Book You Are Psychic